Sunday, October 4, 2009

settling in


A favorite professor of mine said that one should never feel badly about taking the time to go through piles.
Or moving those piles from one side of the desk to the other.
He said that those little things may seem like procrastination, but are actually our way of figuring out where we are in relation to the world around us.

In yoga we take a lot of time moving a foot forward, and then back, and then over to the side.
All just on one little mat.
And in the end we figure something out about where we are in relation to the world around us.
Its all the same!

2 comments:

deebee said...

I love this idea and I think about it often as I remember you once telling me the story of your Professor's wise words. Was it Denzel?

eva b said...

yes! it helps, yes? :)
I've been wanting to talk to you deebee, I will call soon!